Shaved Root-Vegetable Remoulade
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 8
Try this fun root vegetable side dish in place of any starchy side.
Slideshow: Recipes From the Root Cellar
- 2 large carrots, very thinly sliced
- 1 pound butternut squash, peeled and very thinly sliced
- 1 small celery root, peeled and very thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a bowl, toss all of the vegetables with the salt and squeeze them with your hands until very supple, about 5 minutes. Rinse and drain the vegetables very well, patting out all excess water.
- Wipe out the bowl. Add the mayonnaise and blend in the mustard and cayenne. Fold in the vegetables and serve or refrigerate overnight.