- 2 large carrots, very thinly sliced
- 1 pound butternut squash, peeled and very thinly sliced
- 1 small celery root, peeled and very thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
How to make this recipe
In a bowl, toss all of the vegetables with the salt and squeeze them with your hands until very supple, about 5 minutes. Rinse and drain the vegetables very well, patting out all excess water.
Wipe out the bowl. Add the mayonnaise and blend in the mustard and cayenne. Fold in the vegetables and serve or refrigerate overnight.