- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sweet paprika, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- One 3/4-pound head of green cabbage—halved, cored and shredded
- One 3/4-pound head of red cabbage—halved, cored and shredded
- 1 large apple—peeled, cored and julienned
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup snipped chives
- 1/2 cup julienned baby turnips
- 1/2 cup salted roasted pepitas
- 6 red radishes, thinly sliced
How to make this recipe
In a bowl, whisk the shallot with the mustard, lemon juice, vinegar, honey and the 1 1/2 tablespoons of paprika. Gradually whisk in the olive oil, then season with salt and pepper.
In a bowl, toss the cabbages with the apple, parsley, cilantro, chives, turnips, pepitas and radishes. Add 1/2 cup of the dressing and toss well. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with paprika. Serve the additional dressing at the table.
The dressing can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.