Shaved Artichoke Salad
- SERVINGS: 10
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 1/2 pounds smallest baby artichokes (about 35)
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups shaved Parmesan cheese (about 2 ounces)
- Stir 3 tablespoons of the lemon juice into a bowl of water. Working with 1 artichoke at a time, pull off the dark outer leaves and trim 1/2 inch off the top. Peel the stem. Halve the artichoke, slice it thinly lengthwise and add to the water.
- In a large bowl, whisk the shallot into the remaining 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. Whisk in the oil in a thin stream and season with salt and pepper.
- Drain the artichokes well and toss them with the dressing. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with the Parmesan.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.