- 1 stalk of fresh lemongrass, tender inner bulb only, thinly sliced
- 1/2-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 5 canned lychees in syrup, drained, plus 1/4 cup lychee syrup from the can
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- Ice cubes
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
How to make this recipe
- In small saucepan, combine the lemongrass with the ginger and water and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes. Let cool slightly, then puree in a blender. Pass the puree through a fine strainer.
- Rinse out the blender. Add 4 of the lychees, the lychee syrup and the lime zest and puree. Pass through a coarse strainer.
- Fill a highball glass with ice. Add the lemongrass-ginger puree, the lychee puree and the pineapple juice and mix. Garnish with a lychee and serve.
One serving 154 cal, 0 gm total fat, 0 gm saturated fat, 26 gm carb, 0 gm fiber.