- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: makes 1 drink
The Good News This cold, fragrant infusion gets most of its flavor from vitamin-C packed lychees.
- 1 stalk of fresh lemongrass, tender inner bulb only, thinly sliced
- 1/2-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 5 canned lychees in syrup, drained, plus 1/4 cup lychee syrup from the can
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- Ice cubes
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- In small saucepan, combine the lemongrass with the ginger and water and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes. Let cool slightly, then puree in a blender. Pass the puree through a fine strainer.
- Rinse out the blender. Add 4 of the lychees, the lychee syrup and the lime zest and puree. Pass through a coarse strainer.
- Fill a highball glass with ice. Add the lemongrass-ginger puree, the lychee puree and the pineapple juice and mix. Garnish with a lychee and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.