- SERVINGS: 4
These small stuffed mushrooms from Guy Savoy reward you with pure, intense and woodsy flavor and are a perfect vegetarian finger food.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- Sea salt
- 1 pound medium white mushrooms, stems finely chopped, caps reserved separately
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- Melt 4 tablespoons of the butter in a medium skillet. Add the shallot and a pinch of salt, cover and cook over low heat until softened, about 2 minutes. Add the chopped stems and cook over moderately low heat until the liquid has evaporated but the mushrooms are still white, about 5 minutes. Add the cream and lemon juice, cover partially and cook over moderate heat until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Pour the water into a large skillet. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and a generous pinch of salt and bring to a boil. Add the mushroom caps, stemmed side up, cover and cook over moderate heat until tender, about 5 minutes. Uncover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has evaporated and the caps are browned, about 5 minutes longer. Turn the caps stemmed side down to drain any remaining liquid.
- Transfer the caps to a platter and spoon in the filling. Scatter the chives on top. Serve warm or at room temperature.