- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound skinless snapper, catfish, tilapia, sole, or other thin white fish
- Eight 6-inch corn tortillas
- 2 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 lime, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 cup sour cream
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 400°. In a 9x13-inch glass or ceramic baking dish, mix the shallot with the garlic, lime juice, honey, hot sauce, salt and olive oil. Add the fish and turn several times to coat. Let the fish stand in the marinade for 10 minutes.
Roast the fish for about 10 minutes, until cooked through. Flake the fish with a fork and transfer to a serving bowl.
Wrap the tortillas in foil and warm in the oven for 1 minute, until soft and pliable. Serve the fish, passing the tortillas, cabbage, cilantro, lime wedges and sour cream at the table.