- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- 1 small head of cabbage (about 1 1/2 pounds), finely chopped
- 3 small zucchini (about 3/4 pound total), halved lengthwise and seeded
- 2 medium yellow squash (about 1/2 pound total), halved lengthwise and seeded
- 4 medium carrots
- 1 jicama (about 1 pound)
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper
How to make this recipe
- make the slaw In a medium bowl, whisk all the ingredients together until the sugar is dissolved.
- Put the cabbage in a large bowl. Finely julienne the remaining vegetables, add them to the bowl and toss. Add the dressing and toss again. Serve at once with tongs.
The dressing and the vegetables can be refrigerated separately for up to 1 day.