Seven-Spice Dry Rub
- TOTAL TIME: 5 MIN
- SERVINGS: makes about 1 3/4 cups
This basic dry rub is delicious on all types of foods, including chicken, although you can add more chili powder and black pepper when using it on heartier meats like beef and lamb. Since the mixture is versatile and keeps well, buy the ground spices in bulk and premix an extra batch to keep on hand.
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sweet paprika
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1/4 cup dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a small bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.