- SERVINGS: Makes about 1/2 cup
This mayonnaise-based glaze, flavored with toasted sesame seeds and Sriracha chile sauce, is delicious brushed on all kinds of fish before roasting or broiling. Use it on skinless fish like halibut, mackerel or wild striped bass. Mixed with scallions and soy sauce, it becomes a terrific sauce.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds, crushed
- 1 tablespoon mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha chile sauce
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a small bowl, blend together the mayonnaise, sesame seeds, mirin and Sriracha. Season with salt and pepper.
Sauce variation: Add 2 thinly sliced scallions, 1 tablespoon soy sauce and 1 teaspoon mirin per 1/4 cup of glaze and serve with grilled, poached or sautéed fish.