- 1 1/4 pounds broccoli crowns, stems peeled and heads halved
- 1 tablespoon raw sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons extra–virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed oil
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
How to make this recipe
Preheat oven to 425°. In a bowl, combine the olive oil, sesame seed oil, and soy sauce. Whisk to combine.
Place the prepared broccoli on a baking pan. Drizzle the oil mixture over the broccoli. Sprinkle sesame seeds over the broccoli and season with black pepper. Toss to coat evenly, then spread the broccoli into an even layer over the baking pan.
Roast for 10 minutes, turn the broccoli, then continue roasting for 5 more minutes, or until tender and the edges are crisped.
Season with additional soy sauce and black pepper if desired, and then serve warm or at room temperature.