- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Fregola (toasted Sardinian pasta) has an appealing texture in this tasty dish, where it's combined with smoky paprika, sesame seeds, coriander and salty feta cheese.
- 1 1/4 cups fregola or Israeli couscous (7 1/2 ounces)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces feta cheese, cubed or crumbled
- 1 cup arugula, chopped
- In a saucepan of salted boiling water, cook the fregola until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain well, then transfer the fregola to a medium bowl to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet, toast the coriander seeds over moderately low heat until fragrant, 2 minutes. In a mortar or mini processor, puree the garlic with the 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Add the toasted coriander and 1 tablespoon sesame seeds and both paprikas; process to a paste. Add the honey and olive oil until a chunky sauce forms.
- Add the sesame-paprika sauce to the fregola, stir well and season with salt. Transfer to a bowl and top with the feta and arugula. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.