- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons Asian sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated ginger
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- Four 6-ounce lamb loin chops, cut 1 1/2 inches thick
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped basil
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound fingerling or new potatoes, quartered if large
- 3/4 pound thin green beans, trimmed
- In a small bowl, whisk the soy sauce with the sesame oil, vinegar, ginger, garlic and honey. Pour half the mixture into a small baking dish, add the chops and turn to coat. Let stand for 10 minutes, turning once. Add the basil and olive oil to the remaining marinade.
- Light a grill or preheat the broiler. In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the potatoes until tender, about 10 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the potatoes to a bowl. Add the beans to the boiling water and cook until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes; drain and pat dry. Add the beans and the soy-basil dressing to the potatoes and toss. Cover with foil and keep warm.
- Remove the chops from the marinade and pat dry. Grill over moderate heat for 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium rare. Transfer the chops to plates, add the potato and bean salad and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.