- 8 ounces yellow Chinese egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame seed oil
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut 1/2-inch thick
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
How to make this recipe
Cook noodles according to package instructions. Rinse under cold water, drain and set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine soy sauce, oyster sauce, hoisin, rice vinegar, sesame seed oil, brown sugar and water. Set sauce mixture aside.
Heat large pan or wok over medium-high heat. Add the oil, and then stir in the garlic, onion and ginger. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until the garlic and onions are soft and fragrant.
Stir in the chicken and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until the chicken is browned and nearly cooked through.
Stir in the carrot and celery. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Add the noodles and sauce mixture. Toss everything together until combined and heated through, about 2 minutes. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and serve hot.