Serrano Ham and Arugula Salad with Pomegranate Salsa
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 12
This vibrant dish, layered with arugula, bright white slices of ricotta salata and strips of salty serrano ham, is the sort of composed salad that Suzanne Goin uses to showcase seasonal ingredients. Another of her favorite winter salads is made with blood oranges, dates and Parmesan cheese.
Chef Holiday Recipes Made Easy
Terrific Green Salads
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses (see Note)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Seeds from 1 small pomegranate
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 pound arugula, tough stems discarded
- 6 ounces thinly sliced serrano ham
- 1/2 pound ricotta salata cheese, cut into 12 thin slices
- In a medium bowl, mix the shallot with the lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon of salt; let stand for 5 minutes. Whisk in the pomegranate molasses and the olive oil. Stir in the pomegranate seeds and the parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the arugula on a large platter and layer in the serrano ham and ricotta salata. Spoon the pomegranate salsa over the salad and serve.