- 1 large shallot, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses (see Note)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Seeds from 1 small pomegranate
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 pound arugula, tough stems discarded
- 6 ounces thinly sliced serrano ham
- 1/2 pound ricotta salata cheese, cut into 12 thin slices
How to make this recipe
In a medium bowl, mix the shallot with the lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon of salt; let stand for 5 minutes. Whisk in the pomegranate molasses and the olive oil. Stir in the pomegranate seeds and the parsley and season with salt and pepper.
Arrange the arugula on a large platter and layer in the serrano ham and ricotta salata. Spoon the pomegranate salsa over the salad and serve.
The pomegranate salsa can be refrigerated overnight.
Sweet and tangy pomegranate molasses is available at specialty food stores and Middle Eastern markets.