- 1/2 cup minced cilantro
- 1/2 cup minced parsley
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest plus 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 serrano chiles—halved, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt
How to make this recipe
- In a medium bowl, combine the cilantro, parsley, red onion and garlic. In another bowl, whisk the olive oil with the lemon zest and juice, the minced serranos and the mustard. Stir into the herb mixture and season with salt and pepper.
The chimichurri can be refrigerated for 2 days.