- 1 garlic clove, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup fresh shelled cranberry beans
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped thyme
- Two 1-pound tomatoes, sliced 1/3 inch thick
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced basil leaves
- In a medium bowl, steep the garlic in the olive oil for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the green beans until just tender, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the beans to a work surface and let cool, then cut into 1-inch lengths. Add the cranberry beans to the boiling water and simmer over moderate heat until tender, about 12 minutes; drain.
- Add the hot cranberry beans and the thyme to the olive oil and let steep, stirring a few times, until the beans have cooled, about 10 minutes. Discard the garlic. Add the green beans to the olive oil and season with salt.
- Arrange the tomato slices on a platter and season with salt and pepper. Spoon the beans over the tomatoes, sprinkle with the basil and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.