Stir-Fried Bok Choy With Miso
- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or low-sodium broth
- 1 tablespoon white or red miso
- 1 tablespoon Chinese cooking wine or dry sherry
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 dried red chiles
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pounds bok choy, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken stock with the miso, wine, sugar and cornstarch. Heat a large wok or skillet until very hot, about 3 minutes. Add the oil and chiles and cook over high heat until the chiles darken, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 10 seconds, stirring constantly. Add the bok choy, season with salt and stir-fry until the leaves are wilted and the stalks are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Stir the miso sauce, add it to the wok and stir-fry, until thickened slightly, about 2 minutes longer.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.