Shrimp with Chickpeas and Chorizo
- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: 2
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 ounce dry chorizo, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Crusty bread, for serving
- In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the chorizo and cook over high heat until lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Add the shrimp, scallions, garlic, chickpeas and tomato paste, season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the wine and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp are cooked through and the liquid is slightly reduced, about 2 minutes. Serve in bowls with crusty bread.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.