Prosciutto and Fresh Mozzarella Frittata
- ACTIVE: 25 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 50 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
Plus: More Appetizer Recipes and Tips
- 10 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomato, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 4 thin slices prosciutto, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Preheat the oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat the eggs. Beat in the milk, cheese, parsley, basil, salt and pepper.
- In an 8-inch ovenproof skillet, heat the oil. Add the shallots and cook over moderate heat until softened, about 7 minutes. Add the tomato and prosciutto and cook, stirring, until warm, about 2 minutes. Pour in the beaten eggs and cook until beginning to set on the bottom, about 3 minutes. Poke the mozzarella cubes in the eggs. Bake until just firm when lightly pressed, about 20 minutes.
- Set the skillet over high heat and shake the frittata until it releases from the skillet, about 10 seconds. Place a large, flat plate over the skillet and invert the frittata onto it. Let cool for 5 minutes, then cut into wedges and serve.