© Sneh Roy
Poached Salmon with Herbed Mayonnaise
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Plus: More Fish Recipes
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon minced tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 cups water
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
- Four 6-ounce skinless salmon fillets
- Herb flowers, optional, for garnish, such as chive, sage and mint
- In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise with the chives, mint, ginger, tarragon, mustard, lime zest and juice and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, combine the water, bay leaves, wine, shallot and 1 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Season the salmon with salt and pepper. Nestle the fillets in the poaching liquid, cover and cook over low heat until just cooked, about 6 minutes. Using a slotted spatula, remove the fillets and pat dry with paper towels before setting them on plates. Sprinkle with herb flowers and pass the herbed mayonnaise at the table.
Make AheadThe herbed mayonnaise and poached salmon can be refrigerated overnight. Serve lightly chilled.