Poached Salmon with Herbed Mayonnaise
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon minced tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 cups water
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
- Four 6-ounce skinless salmon fillets
- Herb flowers, optional, for garnish, such as chive, sage and mint
- In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise with the chives, mint, ginger, tarragon, mustard, lime zest and juice and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, combine the water, bay leaves, wine, shallot and 1 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Season the salmon with salt and pepper. Nestle the fillets in the poaching liquid, cover and cook over low heat until just cooked, about 6 minutes. Using a slotted spatula, remove the fillets and pat dry with paper towels before setting them on plates. Sprinkle with herb flowers and pass the herbed mayonnaise at the table.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.