- One 19-ounce can chickpeas, drained
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon chili oil
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Two 1-pound pieces pizza dough, thawed if frozen
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Three 6-ounce bunches arugula, thick stems discarded
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese (3/4 cup)
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- Set a pizza stone on the lowest rack of the oven. Preheat the oven to 500°, allowing at least 20 minutes for the stone to heat.
- In a food processor, combine the chickpeas, garlic clove, tahini, water, chili oil and 3 tablespoons of the lemon juice and process until smooth. Season the hummus with salt and black pepper.
- On a lightly floured work surface, stretch each piece of dough out to a 14-inch round. Lift 1 dough round onto a floured board or pizza peel. Brush with 2 teaspoons of the olive oil and season with salt. Slide the dough onto the hot stone and bake for 5 minutes, or until lightly browned. Slide the crust back onto the peel and spread with half of the hummus. Return the pizza to the oven and bake for 2 minutes longer, or until deeply golden. Repeat to make a second pizza, using the remaining dough, another 2 teaspoons of olive oil and the remaining hummus.
- In a large bowl, whisk the remaining 2 tablespoons each of olive oil and lemon juice and season with salt and black pepper. Add the arugula, onion, feta and crushed red pepper and toss. Top the pizzas with the salad, cut into wedges and serve immediately.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.