- 3/4 pound ground beef chuck
- 3/4 pound ground beef sirloin
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded (1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimentos
- Vegetable oil, for grilling
- 4 kaiser rolls or brioche burger buns, split
- Coleslaw and sweet pickle chips, for serving
- Light a grill. In a bowl, combine the ground chuck and sirloin. Form the meat into eight 3-ounce patties and season both sides with salt and black pepper. In a mini food processor, blend the cheese with the mayonnaise, mustard and cayenne pepper until smooth. Add the pimentos and pulse to combine. Spoon the pimento cheese in the centers of 4 of the patties and cover each with the remaining patties, pinching the edges to seal completely. Flatten the stuffed burgers into 4-inch rounds.
- Brush the burgers very lightly with oil and grill over high heat, turning once, until medium rare, about 6 minutes. Just before the burgers are done, toast the buns. Set the pickle chips on the bottom halves of the buns, top with the burgers and coleslaw and serve.
Contributed By Grace Parisi Photo Published