Fettuccine with Uncooked Arrabbiata Sauce
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 4-6
- 1 1/2 pounds tomatoes, cored
- 2 fresh red chiles, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 fresh scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded mint
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound fresh fettuccine
- 4 ounces prosciutto, sliced 1/4 inch thick, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Pecorino cheese
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, blanch tomatoes for 10 seconds. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the tomatoes to a cutting board; reserve the water. Peel and coarsely chop the tomatoes, then transfer them to a medium bowl and add the chiles, scallions, mint, garlic and olive oil. Season the tomato sauce with salt and pepper and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, return the water to a boil, add the fettuccine and cook until al dente. Drain the pasta well, shaking off any excess water, and return it to the pot. Add the tomato sauce, prosciutto and pecorino and toss to coat the fettuccine. Transfer to a large bowl and serve.