Corn-and-Chipotle Grits with Two Cheeses
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup instant grits
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (from 1 ear)
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (2 ounces)
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped chipotle in adobo
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Slowly whisk in the grits and the salt. Cover and simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the grits are thick and tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from the heat, stir in the corn, scallions, cheeses and chipotle and serve hot.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.