- 3 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup instant grits
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (from 1 ear)
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (2 ounces)
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped chipotle in adobo
How to make this recipe
In a medium saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Slowly whisk in the grits and the salt. Cover and simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the grits are thick and tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from the heat, stir in the corn, scallions, cheeses and chipotle and serve hot.
Barbecued chicken or shrimp.