- 3 large eggplants (about 2 1/2 pounds total)
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions (about 4 scallions)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 cups parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons salt-packed capers—drained, rinsed and finely chopped
- Toasted pita bread, for serving
Preheat the oven to 450°. Using a toothpick, pierce the eggplants all over. Place the eggplants on a rimmed baking sheet and brush with olive oil. Roast for 30 minutes, turning once, until the skin has blackened and the eggplants are tender. Slit one side of the eggplant and transfer to a colander to drain; let cool completely. Peel the eggplants, discard the seeds and cut into 1/2-inch dice.
In the bowl of a food processor, combine the scallions with the garlic, oregano and 1 cup of the parsley and pulse until finely chopped. Add the vinegar, lemon juice and the 1/3 cup of olive oil and puree until smooth. Season the dressing with salt and pepper.
In a serving bowl, toss the diced eggplant with the tomatoes, capers and the remaining 1 cup of parsley. Add the dressing and toss again. Season with salt and pepper and serve with toasted pita bread.
The salad can be refrigerated for up to 6 hours.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.