- ACTIVE: 30 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 2 HRS 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes 30 cookies
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour (4 1/2 ounces); see Note in Cocoa-Carrot Cake
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 1/2 tablespoons semolina
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon finely crushed corn nuts
- In a food processor, pulse the almond flour, confectioners' sugar, semolina, cornstarch and salt. Add the butter and pulse until smooth. Add the egg white and pulse until incorporated. Add the corn nuts and pulse just until blended. Scrape the dough (it will be very soft) onto a sheet of plastic wrap and top with another sheet. Pat the dough into a rough 10-by-8-inch rectangle and transfer to a baking sheet. Freeze until very firm, 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 325° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. On a floured surface, unwrap the dough and trim it to an even 10-by-8-inch rectangle. Cut lengthwise into 3 strips and then crosswise into 1-inch-wide rectangles. Arrange on the baking sheet, about 1/2 inch apart.
- Bake the cookies for 30 minutes, until golden; transfer to a rack to cool. Serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.