Selection of Cheeses
- SERVINGS: 8
Chef Sascha Lyon likes to serve an assortment of at least 5 cheeses with a range of textures.
- Soft cheese, such as Reblochon, Livarot, Brindamour or Ste.-Maure de Touraine
- Semi-firm cheese, such as Tomme de Savoie or Morbier
- Firm cheese, such as Manchego or Comté
- Blue cheese, such as Fourme d'Ambert or Gorgonzola
- Bread slices
- Arrange the cheeses on a large platter with the bread slices. Serve.
Because dessert includes both cheese and chocolate, it takes a rich, almost syrupy wine, such as Cockburn Ten-Year-Old Tawny Port, to deal with the creaminess of the cheeses and match the sweetness of the Deep Chocolate Sour Cream Pound Cake. If you're looking for a really special dessert wine, try the Mas Amiel Ten-Year-Old Maury, Alexander Adlgasser's favorite.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.