- 3 tablespoons wasabi powder
- 3 tablespoons silken tofu
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice or yuzu juice (see Note)
- 1/4 cup mirin
- 1/2 pound radishes, sliced paper thin
- 3 tablespoons mint leaves, torn in half
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup daikon sprouts or other peppery sprouts
- Four 6-ounce top-quality tuna steaks, about 3/4 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon pure olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
In a small bowl, whisk the wasabi powder with the tofu, rice vinegar and 1 tablespoon each of the lemon juice and mirin. In a large bowl, toss the radishes with the mint, cilantro and sprouts.
Heat a cast-iron grill pan. Brush the tuna steaks with the olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Grill the tuna over high heat until seared outside and medium rare within, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a platter.
Add the remaining 3 tablespoons each of lemon juice and mirin to the radishes and toss to mix. Slice the tuna steaks 1/4 inch thick and serve with the radish salad and wasabi dressing.
Yuzu is a yellow citrus fruit available in Japanese food stores. Both the juice and the zest are used as flavorings.
One Serving 285 calories, 6.2 gm total fat, 0.9 gm saturated fat.