- 4 cups bulgur
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- One 14-ounce package firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 5 scallions, chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1 Kirby cucumber, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt
How to make this recipe
In a medium saucepan of boiling water, cook the bulgur until tender, about 12 minutes. Drain and return the bulgur to the pan. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes; fluff with a fork. Spread the bulgur on a baking sheet and let cool to room temperature.
In a large cast-iron skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil. Cook the tofu and 5 chopped scallions over high heat, stirring, until golden and crisp in spots, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the bulgur, tomato, cucumber, lemon juice and the remaining oil and season with salt and pepper. Garnish with more chopped scallions and serve.