© James Baigrie
Seared Scallops with Fennel and Lemon Relish
- SERVINGS: 4
More Amazing Seafood Recipes
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 small shallot, very finely chopped
- 1/4 cup diced fennel bulb
- Large pinch of ground fennel
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound large sea scallops
- 1 bunch arugula, tough stems discarded
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- In a small bowl, whisk 3 tablespoons of the olive oil with the lemon zest, lemon juice, parsley, shallot, diced fennel bulb and ground fennel. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a medium skillet. Season the scallops with salt and pepper and cook over moderately high heat until golden brown and opaque throughout, about 3 minutes per side.
- Mound the arugula on plates and top with the scallops. Spoon the fennel and lemon relish on the scallops and serve with lemon wedges.
NotesOne Serving Calories 151 kcal, Total Fat 5.5 gm, Saturated Fat 0.7 gm, Protein 20 gm, Carbohydrates 5 gm.