Seared Scallops with Fennel and Lemon Relish
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 small shallot, very finely chopped
- 1/4 cup diced fennel bulb
- Large pinch of ground fennel
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound large sea scallops
- 1 bunch arugula, tough stems discarded
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- In a small bowl, whisk 3 tablespoons of the olive oil with the lemon zest, lemon juice, parsley, shallot, diced fennel bulb and ground fennel. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a medium skillet. Season the scallops with salt and pepper and cook over moderately high heat until golden brown and opaque throughout, about 3 minutes per side.
- Mound the arugula on plates and top with the scallops. Spoon the fennel and lemon relish on the scallops and serve with lemon wedges.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.