- 1 pound Japanese eggplant
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sake or dry vermouth
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced or grated ginger
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
How to make this recipe
Cut the eggplant in half lengthwise, and then cut into 1/2-inch slices. Set aside.
In a small saucepan add the soy sauce, sake, brown sugar, rice vinegar, and ginger. Heat and stir until the brown sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and set aside.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil and after the oil is hot, stir in the eggplant. Cook for 3-5 minutes, turning occasionally, until the eggplant is seared.
Stir in the teriyaki sauce and tomatoes, reduce heat to medium and simmer for 1-2 minutes, or until the tomatoes are tender.