- 3 cups mixed cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 small serrano chile pepper, stemmed, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- Juice of 2 limes
- Sea salt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound skinless striped bass, halibut, or other firm white fish fillets, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- Four 8-inch flour tortillas
How to make this recipe
- In a medium bowl, toss the tomatoes with the chile, shallot, cilantro and lime juice. Season with salt and let stand for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil. Season the fish with salt, add it to the skillet and cook over high heat, stirring frequently, until nicely browned all over and opaque throughout, 4 to 5 minutes.
- On a microwave-safe plate, warm the tortillas in the microwave at high power for 30 seconds, until soft and pliable. Transfer the fish to the tortillas and top with the pico de gallo. Fold the tortillas over the filling and serve right away.