Seared Fish Tacos with Cabbage-Scallion Slaw
- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes 4 large tacos
The sweet and tangy slaw in these ridiculously fast tacos tastes amazing with simply seared, crispy chunks of fish.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 4 cups finely shredded purple cabbage
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- Sea salt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound skinless striped bass, halibut, or other firm white fish fillets, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- Four 8-inch flour tortillas
- In a medium bowl, whisk the mayonnaise with the vinegar and honey. Add the cabbage and scallions and toss. Season the slaw with salt.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil. Season the fish with salt, add it to the skillet and cook over high heat until nicely browned on all sides, 4 to 5 minutes total.
- On a microwave-safe plate, warm the tortillas for 30 seconds, until soft and pliable. Transfer the slaw to the tortillas and top with the fish. Fold the tortilla over the filling and serve right away.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.