- Two 8-inch flour tortillas
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 leek, white and pale green parts, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- 24 shelled and deveined small shrimp (about 1/2 pound)
- 1/2 pound sea scallops, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound lump crabmeat
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- On a cutting board, cut the tortillas into 24 triangles, about 3/4 inch. In a medium skillet, heat the oil over moderately high heat. Add the tortilla triangles and fry until golden, 1 minute. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the tortillas to a paper towel–lined plate.
- In a large, deep skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter. Add the leek and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 4 minutes. Stir in the shrimp, scallops and crab and season with salt and pepper. Add the wine and simmer just until the shrimp are pink, about 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the seafood to a bowl. Add the parsley and the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter to the skillet and simmer until the liquid is reduced to a few tablespoons, about 3 minutes. Return the seafood to the pan and toss to coat.
- Spoon the seafood into Chinese soup spoons or shot glasses, garnish with the tortilla triangles and serve at once.
Light, nectariney Pinot Grigio.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.