- 1/2 pound pad Thai rice noodles (banh pho)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, plus lime wedges, for serving
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha or chile-garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 pound rock shrimp
- 1/4 pound bay scallops or large scallops, quartered
- 1/4 pound cleaned squid, bodies cut into 1/4 inch rings, tentacles halved
- 2 small shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 cups julienned carrots (from about 3/4 pound carrots)
- 4 scallions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup ground roasted peanuts
How to make this recipe
Put the noodles in a large bowl and cover with very hot water. Let soak until just pliable, about 15 minutes (or according to package directions). Drain the noodles in a colander, shaking off excess water.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the fish sauce with the oyster sauce, lime juice, sugar, and Sriracha.
In a large nonstick wok or skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil until shimmering. Add the shrimp, scallops and squid and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer the seafood to a plate. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil. Add the shallots, garlic and carrots and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add the noodles and scallions and stir-fry until heated through, about 2 minutes.
Scrape the noodles to one side of the pan and add the eggs. Cook, stirring occasionally, until nearly set, about 1 minute. Toss everything together. Add the sauce and the 1/4 cup cilantro and stir-fry until the noodles are evenly coated and the sauce has thickened slightly, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the seafood and cook until just heated through. Transfer the pad Thai to a platter. Garnish with more cilantro and serve with lime wedges.