- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound fresh chorizo, casings removed and meat crumbled
- 1 small red onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Pinch of ground cumin
- 1/2 pound shrimp, shelled, deveined and chopped
- 1/2 pound cleaned small squid, cut into thin rings
- 2 tablespoons Mexican lager
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Corn tortillas, avocado, cilantro, sour cream and lime wedges, for serving
How to make this recipe
In a skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the chorizo and a pinch each of salt and pepper and cook over moderately high heat, breaking up the meat, until browned and nearly cooked through, about 4 minutes. Add the onion, garlic and cumin and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is just softened. Add the shrimp, squid and beer to the skillet and cook over moderately high heat until the seafood is just cooked through, 3 minutes. Stir in the lime juice and season with salt and pepper. Serve with tortillas, avocado, cilantro, sour cream and lime wedges.
Refreshing Mexican lager.