Seafood Capellini with Saffron
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Plus: Pasta Recipes and Tips
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound shelled and deveined jumbo shrimp (8 shrimp)
- 1 pound monkfish or other firm white fish such as halibut, trimmed and cut into 8 pieces
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- One 14-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced flat-leaf parsley
- 1 serrano chile with seeds, minced
- 1 teaspoon hot paprika
- 2 cups chicken stock or low-sodium broth
- One 8-ounce bottle clam juice (1 cup)
- Pinch of saffron threads
- 6 ounces capellini pasta, broken into 3-inch lengths
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- In a large skillet, heat 3 tablespoons of the olive oil over moderately high heat. Season the shrimp and monkfish with salt and pepper and add to the skillet. Cook for 6 minutes, turning once, until barely opaque throughout. Transfer to a plate.
- In the same skillet, heat the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil over moderate heat. Add the tomatoes and cook for 3 minutes. Stir in the garlic, 1 tablespoon of the parsley, the serrano chile and the paprika. Add the chicken stock, clam juice and saffron, season with salt and bring to a boil. Add the capellini and cook, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is al dente and has absorbed most of the sauce, about 5 minutes. Return the shrimp and monkfish to the skillet along with any accumulated juices and toss well. Transfer the pasta to bowls and garnish with the remaining 1 tablespoon of parsley. Serve with lemon wedges.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.