- 4 ounces fresh sea urchin (see Note)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound linguine
- 1 cup ramp greens, coarsely chopped, or 3 tablespoons chopped chives (see Note)
- In a blender, puree the sea urchin with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil until smooth.
- In a pot of heavily salted boiling water, cook the linguine until al dente. Meanwhile, in a deep skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil. Add the ramps and cook over moderately high heat until wilted, 1 minute.
- Drain the linguine, reserving 5 tablespoons of the cooking water. Add the linguine to the skillet with the sea urchin puree and 2 tablespoons of the cooking water and toss over moderate heat for 30 seconds. Off the heat, add the remaining 3 tablespoons of cooking water and toss. Transfer the linguine to bowls and serve.
Muscadet from France's western Loire Valley is crisp and subtly salty, exquisite with rich, briny sea urchin.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.