Sea Scallops with Spinach and Grape Tomatoes
- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds sea scallops
- Two 10-ounce bags spinach, large stems removed
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- In a large saucepan fitted with a steamer basket, bring 1 inch of water to a boil. Add the tomatoes, cover and steam over moderately high heat for 1 minute. In a shallow bowl, mix 3 tablespoons of the olive oil with the lemon juice. Add the tomatoes, season with salt and pepper and stir to mix.
- Spread the scallops in the steamer basket. Drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cover and steam over moderately high heat until just cooked, about 5 minutes. Transfer the scallops to a shallow bowl and keep warm.
- Add half of the spinach to the steamer, cover and steam for 2 minutes; stir. Add the remaining spinach, sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and toss well. Cover and steam for 2 minutes.
- Mound the spinach on plates. Top with the scallops and any accumulated juices and spoon the tomato vinaigrette over all. Sprinkle with the chives; serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.