© Michael Turek
Sea Bass Carpaccio with Coriander and Grapefruit
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 3 tablespoons fresh grapefruit juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- Freshly ground pepper
- Two 6-ounce skinless black sea bass fillets, thinly sliced crosswise on the diagonal
- 4 grapefruit sections, cut into 3 pieces each (see Note)
- 2 orange sections, cut into 3 pieces each (see Note)
- 1 small scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- Toasted thin baguette slices, for serving
- In a small bowl, combine the grapefruit and orange juices with the oil and coriander. Season the dressing with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the sea bass slices on a platter. Drizzle with the dressing and scatter the citrus sections, scallion and dill on top. Let stand for 3 minutes. Serve with toasts.
NotesTo make the citrus sections, use a sharp knife to cut off all of the skin and bitter white pith from the grapefruit and orange. Cut in between the membranes to release the sections.
Delicate crudos and ceviches call for minerally, light-bodied white wines like Albariño.