Sea Bass all'Acqua Pazza
- ACTIVE: 10 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 10 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
Acqua pazza means "crazy water"water flavored with wine and herbs.
- 2 cups water
- 1 celery rib, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1 carrot, cut into 4 pieces
- 3 parsley sprigs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- One 4-pound sea bass, cleaned and scaled
- 5 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 375°. In a medium saucepan, combine the water, celery, onion, carrot, 1 parsley sprig and the salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Simmer over low heat for 20 minutes.
- Set the fish in an oval baking dish and make 3 crosswise slashes on each side. Stuff the fish with the garlic and the remaining 2 parsley sprigs. Strain the vegetable broth over the fish. Add the wine, bay leaves and olive oil and bake in the oven for about 45 minutes. Serve the fish with the "crazy water."
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.