- 1/2 pound fingerling potatoes, scrubbed
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 ounces oyster mushrooms, thickly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound firm tofu—drained, patted dry and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- One 12-ounce jar roasted red bell peppers, drained and thinly sliced
- 3 ounces mozzarella-style soy cheese, coarsely shredded (1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto
How to make this recipe
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil. Add the potatoes and cook over moderately high heat until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and slice the potatoes crosswise 3/4 inch thick.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil until shimmering. Add the potato slices and cook over moderately high heat, turning occasionally, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 6 minutes. Add the tofu and roasted red peppers and season lightly with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring and lightly mashing the tofu, until the ingredients are combined and heated through, about 5 minutes. Add the soy cheese and 1 tablespoon of the pesto and stir to melt the cheese. Transfer the scramble to a platter and drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of pesto and serve.