© Stephanie Foley
Scrambled Eggs with Herbed Croutons
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Grace Parisi creates a witty take on a eggs—eliminating the need for a side of toast.
Savory Bread Pudding Recipes
- 4 slices of multigrain bread (about 5 ounces), crusts removed and bread cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, lightly smashed
- 2 thyme sprigs
- One 2-inch rosemary sprig
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 10 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
- In a medium bowl, toss the bread cubes with the olive oil, garlic and herb sprigs. Transfer to a large nonstick skillet and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until the bread is crisp and browned and the herbs are frizzled, about 10 minutes. Transfer the croutons to a plate and discard the garlic. Finely chop the herbs and add them to the croutons; season with salt and pepper.
- Wipe out the skillet and melt the butter in it. Season the eggs with salt and pepper and add them to the skillet. Cook over moderate heat, stirring gently with a rubber spatula, until the eggs are partially set, about 2 minutes. Add the croutons and chives and gently fold them in, cooking the eggs to soft curds, about 1 minute longer. Transfer the eggs to plates and serve right away.