Scrambled Eggs with Goat Cheese and Shiitake Mushrooms
- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, caps thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 large eggs, well beaten
- 3 tablespoons snipped chives
- 3 ounces mild fresh goat cheese, crumbled (about 1/3 cup)
- Toast, for serving
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter. Add the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until softened and lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, season the eggs with salt and pepper. Melt the remaining butter in the skillet with the mushrooms; add the eggs. Cook over moderately low heat without stirring until the bottom is barely set, 30 seconds. Add the chives and cook, stirring occasionally, until the eggs form large soft curds. Remove from the heat and sprinkle on the cheese; let stand until softened, 30 seconds. Gently fold the cheese into the eggs; serve with toast.
A tangy, earthy Pinot Gris from Oregon.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.