- 3 tablespoons corn oil
- 1 large onion, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 6 ounces roasted or poached chicken breast meat, shredded
- 6 ounces baked ham, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 12 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Oven-Fried Potatoes
- Hot sauce, for serving
How to make this recipe
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the onion and cook over moderately low heat, stirring, until lightly browned, about 8 minutes. Add the bell pepper and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the chicken and ham and cook, stirring, until heated through.
- In a medium bowl, lightly beat the eggs with the milk, 1 teaspoon of kosher salt, 1/2 teaspoon of pepper and the chopped parsley. Add the egg mixture to the skillet and cook over moderate heat, stirring gently, until the eggs are just cooked through, about 5 minutes. Add the Oven-Fried Potatoes and toss gently until heated through. Serve immediately, with hot sauce.