- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces serrano ham, cut into 1/4-inch dice (1 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cava or dry sparkling white wine
- 1 pound cockles, scrubbed and rinsed
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- Toasted country or sourdough bread, for serving
How to make this recipe
- In a 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the ham and garlic and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, until lightly golden, about 5 minutes. Add the wine, cockles and crushed red pepper, cover and cook until the cockles have opened, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the cockles to a plate.
- Boil the liquid in the skillet until reduced to 1/4 cup. Add the eggs and scallions and cook, stirring, until soft curds form. Transfer the eggs to plates, top with the cockles and serve with toast.
Lively, effervescent cava.